Tuesday 10 April 2012

Katy Perry for Eylure

Hi guys!
So recently Katy Perry released a collection of fake eyelashes with Eylure. I absolutely love Katy Perry in terms of her eccentric fashion choices as they really shows her personality but doesn't take it too far (a la Lady Gaga). So when I heard about this collection, I was obviously very excited, especially as I have been using Eylure lashes for about a year now. I love the effect fake eyelashes can give - you can go for full on drama to flirty corner lashes to ones that just simply lengthen. They really add so much in so little time! 

There are four different lashes in the collection - 'Sweetie Pie', 'Oh, Honey', 'Cool Kitty' and 'Oh My'. The four pairs are very different in terms of how dense the lashes how, how long and how they are arranged on the band. I popped along to my local Boots and after much deliberation I chose 'Sweetie Pie'. I'm not one for the full on dramatic effect as I like to still look a bit more natural, so these seemed the perfect pair to get. 

I'm really impatient when it comes to trying new purchases out, so as soon as I got home I tried them on. The band is flexible, just like most Eylure lashes, and therefore really comfortable when on. They also come with the Eylure glue, which is a plus as I lost my last tube and it is also my favourite glue! However, I felt that when the lashes were on, they didn't actually add any depth/density/length to my lashes which is the whole point of fake eyelashes! I definitely think that these lashes would be perfect for those with really sparse and short lashes as they are natural but would still add a little something extra! Unfortunately I think that my lashes are a teeny bit too long for these.

All in all, these are comfortable lashes, and definitely live up to the Eylure reputation. They are reasonably priced for a pair of lashes that are endorsed by a superstar as well (£5.95 in the UK). The packaging is cute and girly, much like Katy Perry and even though these lashes aren't particularly for me, I am still very much impressed!

I am going out tonight for my best friend's birthday, so my next post will be a outfit of the night. I got a new pair of glasses as well so will be showcasing them very soon!
Hope you all had a lovely Easter weekend,
x

5 comments:

  1. OMG, I love katy perry, these are a must have, where did u get them from and lately I have been into false eyelashes is well :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got them from boots, but you could probably find them in superdrug as well. If you can't find them you could check their website or boots' wesbite as well :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg those lashes look amazing :)
    katy perry always have perfect make up!

    http://bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. i saw these at boots the other day, i was soooo tempted to pick them up!
    xx

    http://nanakkii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend them, they're lovely lashes for a natural look!
      I also had a look at your blog and i think its great so i followed! :)
      xx

      Delete